Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Oh look, a weiner!


That's right... It's a boy!!


     Today I had my second trimester ultrasound  As soon as the sonographer put the paddle to my bump, I saw my baby moving around on the big plasma screen that was set up in the room. Then BAM! This little one turns over, and I get a glimpse of a weiner on the screen. "Yep this is definitely a baby boy," said the sonographer. I honestly don't think I have ever been so amazed to see a penis in my life, but there it was, and I couldn't help but shed tears of joy knowing that I was going to have a little baby boy! Yes, I was hoping to have a girl, but I am actually really excited to be having a boy. (I even went to the store straight after my appointment, and picked out an outfit for when I bring him home in August!)


Brayden 3D Image 1
Brayden 3D Image 2


Brayden 2D Image 1
     After the sonographer took all the measurements, I went to another room to wait for my doctor to come talk to me about the results of the ultrasound. All in all she said that Brayden is developing wonderfully, the only concern right now is that I have whats called "placenta praevia", or low-lying placenta. What this means is that the placenta (an organ connected to the fetus by the umbilical cord), is partially or fully blocking the cervix (the opening  the baby passes through during delivery). So basically the doctor told me that unless the placenta moves away from the cervix, they will have to deliver Brayden by Cesarean- section. Other then that everything else is going along just fine. So here are my questions: Has anyone else encountered this problem in their own pregnancy? And did it fix itself before delivery, or did you have to have a Cesarean scheduled?
          
     I do have a name picked out already, for those who are new to my blog. Brayden Leigh Lazar. I come from a European ancestry, so I tried to pick out names that meant something special. If I remember correctly, I chose Brayden because it meant "Brave". Leigh (pronounced Lee), means "Healer". My last name Lazar means "Helped by God". So if you put it all together it could mean "Brave Healer Helped by God". If you ask me that sounds like a pretty special name! I just hope that's what the names actually mean. I can't recall what website I looked at to find the meanings, but even if the names actually mean something else, I'm going to stick with what I've chosen. It just has a nice ring to it, even without the meanings behind the names. 

     As mentioned before, after my appointment I went and bought what shall be Brayden's first outfit. I then met with my mom, and revealed to her Brayden's sex, by letting her be the first to see said outfit. I also gave her a little card to read with the outfit. Inside I had written, "This kid has a BIG weiner! It's a boy! <3" (I also posted this on my facebook). Bottom line it was a very enjoyable surprise, one that I will remember for the rest of my life! I'd love to hear what other people did when they announced the sex of their first child. 
    
     So far this has been the best day out if my pregnancy! Next on the to do list: Child birth classes! 

     

2 comments:

  1. Such a strong name! I like your blog so I shared it on my facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Single-Income-Diva/130925343757869

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the share! I have been too busy to post lately, but I am planning on posting sometime today, so keep a lookout. Cheers! :D

    ReplyDelete