Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Just Keep Giving! Just Keep Giving! What Do We Do? WE GIVE!

Wishing You and Yours A Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

     I love this time a year. Always have and probably always will. I love giving more than receiving. The only time I'm ever disappointed is when I don't have a lot to give. In the past I've never been able to send Christmas Greeting cards to anyone else, because I had no way to get to the post office to have the cards stamped and mailed. This year I have a car (all thanks to my mom and Nana for helping me sign for one in August), so now I can actually go to the post office and mail stuff to all of my favorite people! I have actually been working on cards and letters for everyone. So I'm really excited to finally be able to send stuff to family, since I've never been able to in the past. I've always really appreciated getting cards and letters from family, so I'm really happy to be returning the love this year!
     Yesterday we finally started putting up the Christmas Tree! I was really happy, because last year we didn't put it up which made me sad. Hopefully we will be done decorating it tomorrow. 
     This year will be our first Christmas with Brayden. Yay!!! I'm still trying to figure out what I should get him for Christmas. New baby toys perhaps? Some teething rings? It doesn't really matter. I was even thinking about getting him some big plastic cooking spoons that he can grab and play with. As for presents for everyone else, I have been researching some DIY projects that would make neat gifts since I don't have as much money to spend this year. I hand wrote some letters with little doodles on them for my little cousins that live in the lower 48. I'm loom knitting scarves for a few people. I'm trying to figure out what to do for Brandon this Christmas. I don't know if I should make him something, or maybe give him a little love note asking him out on a date. Perhaps both? I don't know what to give my parents, and I'll probably do a DIY project for my brother. Lastly, if I had more money I would have liked to make a donation to Toys For Tots, but this year I am going to just donate some of my old clothes to Salvation Army. What do you plan on giving this holiday season? Comment below! Big hugs from this mommy to you! 

Merry Christmas! 
Scarlett :)
     

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love receiving and sending cards and such. It seems to be a forgotten treasure. I believe we will be making salt dough ornaments from the kids to relatives. They are super easy and cheap to make, plus hello adorable! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea, I actually just made another post, and in it is a picture of a salt dough ornament that my mom made 20 years ago when she was pregnant with me! I plan to make some next year, and I want to make one with an impression of my son's foot, and then paint it to look like a snow man!

      Delete