Monday, December 16, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree... How Lovely Thee Be!

Hello everyone!

     I'm glad to say that our Christmas Tree was finished last week! Brandon and I stayed up late to decorate it after Brayden went to sleep. Well actually, I ended up finishing it by myself because Brandon fell asleep on the couch after awhile. It was nice though, because I really felt good about the way the tree looked when I was done with it. I can't even remember the last time it looked this pretty!


"Oh my God! It's so pretty, I'm going to die!!"
     This tree has been in our family for 14 years now. However there are a few salt dough ornaments hanging on there that my mom made when she was pregnant with me, which would make them about 20 years old.


Mom's Salt Dough "Candy Cane" Ornament

"Angel" Ornament I gave to my mom as a
gift when I was in elementary school. 

"Rhett and Scarlett on the Staircase"
 from Gone with the Wind.
We got this in 2003. 
"Scarlett" from Gone with the Wind.
We have had this since 1997.


And this is another Alaska themed ornament.













This is one of out Alaska themed ornaments.
      I remember the first year we moved to Alaska. It was right before Christmas, and we lived in the transition housing on Elmendorf Airforce Base. My parents didn't have enough money to get a Christmas tree that year, because of the cost of the move. So instead my mom had bought a big piece of green paper and cut it into the shape of a Christmas Tree. Then we cut circles out of colorful card stock paper and taped them to the paper tree. That was our first Christmas in Alaska. The next year we lived in our own house in Wasilla. That's when got the tree pictured above, and we've had it ever since. So what is your tree like? Do you have a fake one or do you get a real tree to put up every year? Comment below! 
Merry Christmas from my house to yours!Love Scarlett <3   



No comments:

Post a Comment